Art in Marketing was founded on this day, 15 years ago (a crystal anniversary of sorts).
So today, we reflect on a few things that we are crystal clear about …
- Small brands are just as tough to market as big brands … and can be so much more rewarding!
- You can get a lot more done in a lot less time when you are small … big teams and big budgets do not necessarily equate to bigger outcomes.
- Having no time to overthink stuff is so liberating!
- There are way too many unnecessarily large words and weird acronyms in large corporate worlds.
- The best organisations (large or small) are run by people at the top who believe they are responsible for the brand and get stuck into it.
- Great propositions are worthless if they get messed about in execution.
- Real marketing talent (that which blends the unique combination of exceptional skill with fresh perspective and an engaging attitude) is a rare find.
- Imagination and creativity are far more useful than marketing rules and tools.
- ‘Free’ media requires a bit more ingenuity than the paid stuff.
- Customer advocacy is of greater value than any ad you can buy for your business.
We started this consultancy before ‘social media’ was a thing. On the 18th of June 2003, there was no Facebook, no YouTube, no Twitter, no Pinterest, no Instagram, no Snapchat … so to say the landscape has evolved over the past 1.5 decades is quite the understatement. Marketing artists must be quicker and sharper than ever.
Thank you to all our clients and associates who really get ‘the art in marketing’ and who have added so much sparkle to our 15 years in business!