It’s that time of year when we have a heightened sense of giving and we see many brands doing their best to link their promotional efforts to some sort of charitable act.
What impresses me more are those brands who make it their daily business to give. Giving is an inherent part of their brand. It’s no fair weather act, it’s just what they do. It’s integral to their very existence.
Here are my top 5:
1. TOMS. Their One for One platform has been benchmarked by many.
2. Life is Good. Their Kids Foundation is about positive impact, just like their brand.
3. Monsoon Accessorize. Their L.O.V.E (Living Our Values & Ethics) Trust has been helping improve the lives of women and children in Asia since 1994.
4. McDonald’s. Since 1974, their Ronald McDonald House Charities has been all about families, the epicenter of their brand.
5. The Body Shop. Their foundation which exists to support Animal Protection, Environmental Protection and Human Rights is directly linked to their operational policies. They practice what they preach, day in day out.
I hope to see more brands created that have their genesis in giving. They will do our world a lot of good.